It is currently Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:32 pm

Ospreys marketing !? 
World XV Player

Post Ospreys marketing !?
Decided to be a formal Ospreys supporter and contacted them for membership via on line site this am. Thought I'd find out more about merchandise for sale to ensure grandsons etc become supporters too, catch 'em early eh !?.... only to discover that, according to the site, merchandise can only be bought via the Neath and Swansea shops - no online facility !?

Sorry lads ??? must try harder !

Mon Aug 09, 2004 7:55 am
World XV Player

This is Nature's way of telling you you've picked the wrong team to support.

Mon Aug 09, 2004 7:57 am
Profile E-mail WWW
World XV Player

Post Re: Ospreys marketing !?
gwynt wrote:
Decided to be a formal Ospreys supporter and contacted them for membership via on line site this am. Thought I'd find out more about merchandise for sale to ensure grandsons etc become supporters too, catch 'em early eh !?.... only to discover that, according to the site, merchandise can only be bought via the Neath and Swansea shops - no online facility !?

Terry they had tops in the Aberafan centre so don't need to go to Neath or Swansea, though it's a bit irrelevant if you're in France! I find it hard to believe in this day and age that you can't buy online though!

Mon Aug 09, 2004 8:43 am
International Player

gwynt wrote:

Terry, my brother in law runs a rugby shop in Swansea, and I am pretty sure they are online selling all rugby merchandise. Will look into it and get back to you!

Mon Aug 09, 2004 10:13 am
Profile YIM
Site Admin

I've been trying to get hold of an Ospreys top for the last 6 months, but cannot see them in any sports shops in Gwent or Mid Glamorgan.

No regional tops full stop in JBB sports in Cardiff Bay (The one by IKEA), I was told I'd have to goi into the city centre where I might be able to get one.

Plenty of Arsenal, Man U, Liverpool tops mind.

Mon Aug 09, 2004 10:22 am
Profile ICQ WWW
International Player

Terry, have just spoken to a staff member at the shop. Thier web site is: www.roksport.com , took a look on the site, at the moment there are no Ospreys jerseys as the new kit is expected in during 1st week of September.

Mon Aug 09, 2004 10:25 am
Profile YIM
Club Player

i just e-mailed Kevin Lock who is commercial manager at the O's asking him why on-line sales are not available. if he replies i will let you know.

Mon Aug 09, 2004 10:32 am
Regional Player

The Scarlets seem to be pretty good in this aspect. They have an e-commerce part of their site where you can buy clothes, gifts, programmes etc online or over the phone

Here is the site if you want a gander http://www.scarlets.co.uk/main.asp?shop

Mon Aug 09, 2004 10:53 am
Profile E-mail
World XV Player

i just e-mailed Kevin Lock who is commercial manager at the O's asking him why on-line sales are not available. if he replies i will let you know.

You can follow a link to an online shop via the Kooga ad, but the shop is not of the highest spec

Mon Aug 09, 2004 10:54 am
Profile E-mail ICQ WWW
World XV Player

I've been trying to get hold of an Ospreys top for the last 6 months, but cannot see them in any sports shops in Gwent or Mid Glamorgan.

No regional tops full stop in JBB sports in Cardiff Bay (The one by IKEA), I was told I'd have to goi into the city centre where I might be able to get one.

Plenty of Arsenal, Man U, Liverpool tops mind.

I bought the wife an O's shirt in gilesports in Aberdare last week, they had all regions including warriors shirts. Also try gilesports and all sport in Ponty.

But as has already been mentioned soccer shirts vastly outmunbered the rugby ones.

Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:29 am
World XV Player

gwynt wrote:

Try this, the WU site, quite reasonable as well.

http://secure1.mppglobal.com/web/shop/d ... ryname=WRU Regions&IPISession=&affiliateid=72

Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:33 am
Club Player

B-Y-M Boy wrote:

You can follow a link to an online shop via the Kooga ad, but the shop is not of the highest spec

thank-you Mabont i've found it now. only 13 shirts available M=3 L=5 XL=5

Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:46 am
REF

Twitter & Facebook

Mon Aug 09, 2004 12:36 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
World XV Player

Thanks lads, your replies most appreciated. In fact I sent an email to the Ospreys site and recd a reply within hrs ! - impressive. Now becoming fully fledged member etc...

In answer to some who wonder why I'm concerned - living in France etc - I decided that I shouldn't participate in Regions discn on the Board if I wasn't part of it ! Also Ospreys are playing at Toulouse this season friendly and Heineken ! Got to blood the grandchildren too - son and heir already converted !

Waiting for the black and white feathers but as many of you will recognise - I've already got the beak !

PS... They'd better treat Aberavon better though ...!! :roll: :twisted:

Mon Aug 09, 2004 4:49 pm
World XV Player

Thanks lads, your replies most appreciated. In fact I sent an email to the Ospreys site and recd a reply within hrs ! - impressive. Now becoming fully fledged member etc...

PS... They'd better treat Aberavon better though ...!! :roll: :twisted:

Too bloody right, I'd still like to know if C O'Callaghan is being obstructive though.

Mon Aug 09, 2004 4:56 pm