It is currently Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:11 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Drink culture eradicated from Welsh rugby! 

Has the Drink Culture gone from Welsh rugby?
YES 7%  7%  [ 2 ]
OF course not 46%  46%  [ 13 ]
its slolwy happening 46%  46%  [ 13 ]
Total votes : 28

Drink culture eradicated from Welsh rugby! 
World XV Player

As an example of how big the problem it still is -

I entered one of Llanelli restaurants late one night, sitting opposite me were two of the 'Scarlets senior players and their girlfriends plus two empty wine bottles, numerous empty pint pots, several empty beer bottles and they were looking rather contented

So what you might say, well it was a week night and there was a game on the Saturday - then the waiter brought out their first course of food !

Says it all

Tsk. Isn't it absolutely AWFUL how much some of those Llanelli girls can drink..... :D :D :D

Wed Aug 11, 2004 7:30 pm
Site Admin

It couldnt have been Chris Wyatt as he regularly gets bollocked in Newport.

Wed Aug 11, 2004 7:33 pm
World XV Player

Wed Aug 11, 2004 8:48 pm
Site Admin

Wed Aug 11, 2004 9:00 pm
World XV Player

Lets think this through - a family associated with Llanelli, love of food and drink.

Need any more Qlues ?

Wed Aug 11, 2004 10:22 pm
Site Admin

Nope,

Lets think this through - a family associated with Llanelli, love of food and drink.

Need any more Qlues ?

Any relation to Barry John Steve??????? :lol: :D :lol:

Thu Aug 12, 2004 1:57 am
Profile ICQ WWW
Club Player

I saw Gareth Thomas trolleted, trying on skin tight girls tops in a Cardiff Surf shop the season before last. His mate was just encouraging him, telling him they all lookjed great, and he wa sstumbling about going "Eh mate, do this look good on me like?". I PMSL.

Thu Aug 12, 2004 1:04 pm
World Superstar

Location: Drinking Creamflow here in Caredff and Brains up Trefforest, listening to METAAAAAAAAL
As long as there's rugby, I'll be drinking beer 8)

Last weekend I was out slaughtered Friday-Monday. :twisted:
I was drunk in the Goat Major yes'dee evening. :lol:
I'll be out tomorrow for some beer/cigars in 'the Goat' and then up Trefforest. :twisted:
Then Tuesday morning at 00:45, a bunch of us are off to Belgium for a drunken daytrip. :D

OLE OLE OLE OLE PONTY PONTY

Thu Aug 12, 2004 5:58 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Club Player

And Im off to Dublin tomorrow morning for a whole weekend of drunken frolicks with my pals.

Thu Aug 12, 2004 6:47 pm
REF

I'll be going to the Peterborough Beer Festival the week after next!

Thu Aug 12, 2004 8:05 pm
World XV Player

need we debate this topic any further..... the answer is there for all to see and read (ref above...). :lol:

Thu Aug 12, 2004 8:32 pm
Site Admin

:wave:

Yep!

Thu Aug 12, 2004 11:13 pm
World XV Player

I haven't read all the replys so if someone has allready said this I apologize. For someone of the standing of lyn Jones to come forward and say such a thing proves to me that there are inroads being made, that is not to say that it is completely eradicated but its certainly a start. :)

Sat Aug 14, 2004 11:10 am
International Player

I haven't read all the replys so if someone has allready said this I apologize. For someone of the standing of lyn Jones to come forward and say such a thing proves to me that there are inroads being made, that is not to say that it is completely eradicated but its certainly a start. :)

Dai, out of curiosity (not that it matters. Tell me where to go if you like), but who is it that you follow in Wales. Reason I'm asking, is that on another thread I get the impression you are a Whites fan (referring to The O's as Swansea. Your perogative, fair enough. I am too but am buying into regionalism with our Neath bretheren), and here you respect the comments of Lyn Jones, which gives me the impression that you follow Neath. There's no reason why a Whites fan can't respect the views of LJ mind, just curiosity that's all!

Sat Aug 14, 2004 11:52 am
Profile YIM
World XV Player

Dai Yorkshire wrote:

Dai, out of curiosity (not that it matters. Tell me where to go if you like), but who is it that you follow in Wales. Reason I'm asking, is that on another thread I get the impression you are a Whites fan (referring to The O's as Swansea. Your perogative, fair enough. I am too but am buying into regionalism with our Neath bretheren), and here you respect the comments of Lyn Jones, which gives me the impression that you follow Neath. There's no reason why a Whites fan can't respect the views of LJ mind, just curiosity that's all!

You can call me old fashioned if you like Huw, I support wales in general, But I find it increasingly difficult to bring any enthusiasm into my support, I may be as others have suggested nostalgic, Pontyridd, Neath, Pontypool were my favourit teams. I find the whole messy affair that is acceptable today by so many, very unappealing. Let me firstly say Huw, That I was all for reginal rugby, but I find it difficult to accept, that is now what we have.

There are now vast areas of Wales without top flight rugby, the kids are our future Huw, the kids in these areas will now do some other sport, a sport where they to have heros, someone to look up too. This has been taken away, do they not have a right to want???

Reginal rugby has been delivered to us by the clubs, the whole concept (or as I see it) of reginal rugby was that all would participate thus making it a truly reginal game. What we have in its stead is four clubs who dictate terms, who still bring in foreign players. who will buy the second best player in a position to sit on a bench rather than let him play for another team. This is not reginal rugby Huw but pretentious men wanting to stay in their little ponds rather than belong to a large one. :twisted: I mean you or no one else any disrespect , but I feel Welsh rugby has been very badly handled and fro pepole to just accept it showes just how far the game of rugby has fallen.

Sat Aug 14, 2004 12:38 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next